The Rite and Hymns of the Coptic New Year
The Heritage of the Coptic Orthodox Church choir’s production presents the most complete and accurate versions of every hymn of The Rite and Hymns of the Coptic New Year (to the 16th Day of Tut), according to the Coptic tradition. This production by the HCOC features:
• All the melismatic and recitative hymns for the Coptic New Year, until the 16th day of the month of Tut.
• All the hymns for the Tasbeha, Raisings of Incense, and the Divine Liturgy.
• Includes melismatic hymns like the Joyous Saturday Lobsh, Joyous Tenoueh Enswk, and Joyous. Psalm 150; and rare hymns like the Mohayar of the Feast of Nayrouz and the Gospel Responses of the Feast of Nayrouz.
• Foreword by H.G. Bishop Youssef of the Southern Unites States.
• With contributions and recordings by Cantor Ibrahim Ayad, Cantor Sater Mikhail, Cantor Osama Fowzi, and Cantor Sameh Kamal.
• This production consists of 1 MP3 audio CD, with 285 minutes of hymns and rite explanations. As an MP3, instead of audio CDs, this production is made affordable to everyone, without affecting the quality of our recordings.
• The CD was recorded and mastered digitally in professional studios.
View a video with more information on this production and hear audio samples below: