The Rite and Hymns of the Great Lent and the Fast and Feast of Nineveh
After 6 years of learning and recording, we present to you the latest Heritage of the Coptic Orthodox Church choir’s production: the most complete and accurate versions of every hymn of The Rite and Hymns of the Great Lent and the Fast and Feast of Nineveh, according to the Coptic tradition. This production by the HCOC features:
• All the melismatic and recitative hymns for both the Fast and Feast of Nineveh.
• All the hymns for the Sunday before the Fast of Lent.
• All the hymns for the Midnight Praises, Raisings of Incense, and Liturgies of the Lent weekends and weekdays. This includes rare hymns like the Lenten Fourth Canticle, the Lenten Sunday Liturgy Gospel Responses, and the Vespers and Prime Concluding Canons.
• The Gospel Responses for the General Unction.
• The hymns are based on the oral and recorded tradition of Cantor Mikhail Ghabrial Girgis El-Batanouny, and a large number of cantors, priests, and deacons contributed to the production.
• This production consists of 2 MP3 audio CDs, with 137 tracks and 12.5 hours of hymns and rite explanations. As an MP3, instead of audio CDs, this production is made affordable to everyone, without affecting the quality of our recordings.
• The CD was recorded and mastered digitally in professional studios.
View a video with more information on this production and hear audio samples below: