Sermons on Hymns and Rites
- 01 - An Introduction to Coptic Hymnology
- 02 - Hymns and Rites in General
- 03 - Hymns Convention (2002)
- 04 - First Hymns Convention (2003)
- 05 - Second Hymns Convention (2003)
- 06 - Priest-Hymns Convention (June 2003)
- 08 - The Divine Liturgy
- 10 - Understanding Coptic Hymns
- 11 Sermons on the Gospels of Lent
Sermons by Fr. Matthew the Poor (Matta el-Meskeen) on the Divine Liturgy’s Gospels of the Great Lent.
- 12 An Overview of Coptic Hymns and Rites
A lecture by Albair Mikhail on Coptic hymns and rites given on June 8, 2012, at the St George Coptic Orthodox Church in Toronto, ON.
- 13 Overview of Coptic Hymns
A lecture that serves as an overview of Coptic hymns, given by Albair Mikhail at St Mary and St Abraam Coptic Orthodox Church in Ajax, ON, on July 22, 2012.
- 14 The Glorification Service
A lecture on the Glorification Service for the Theotokos St. Mary and other saints, given by Albair Mikhail in the Church of St. George in Chicago, IL, USA.
- 15 Feasts of the Cross and the Glorification Order
A lecture on the Feasts of the Cross and the Glorification Order, given by Albair Mikhail in the Church of St. Mark in Michigan, USA.
- 16 Questions and Answers on Various Rites
Q&A by Albair at the Deacon’s Convention in Michigan, where he answers a variety of questions on the rites of the Coptic Orthodox Church.
- 17 Introduction to Coptic Liturgies
A lecture on Coptic liturgies given by Albair Mikhail, in the Church of the Virgin Mary and St. Athanasius, Mississauga, ON, on Nov. 29, 2013.
- 18 Introduction to Coptic Praise - McMaster University
A lecture given by Albair Mikhail to the students at McMaster University on Feb. 27, 2014.
- 19 Characteristics of Coptic Music
A lecture by Albair Mikhail on the Characteristics of Coptic Music, given at St. George Coptic Orthodox Church in Toronto, ON, on 18 July 2014.
- 20 A Mercy of Peace, a Sacrifice of Praise
A lecture by Albair Mikhail on the meaning of the liturgical words “A Mercy of Peace, a Sacrifice of Praise.” The lecture was given at St. Mina Coptic Orthodox Church in Calgary on July 25, 2014.
- 21 - Calgary Deacons Convention
Albair lectures on the following subjects at the Calgary Deacon’s Convention:
1- Deaconate - a Message and a Service
2- Rites Value and Benefits
- 22 - Questions and Answers on Rites and Hymns
Albair gives his answers on the following questions:
How can we improve the deacons service in our churches?
Should the deacon choruses look toward each other or towards the west?
What is the easiest way to memorize the hymns?
What is the meaning of Saved Amen and with your spirit?
When should we sing the Papal hymns when he is abroad?
Why did the Holy Synod combine the 3 litanies of the nature for churches outside Egypt?
- 23 - The Importance of Cantor Mikhal’s Heritage and the HCOC Recording Criteria
A lecture by Albair Michael at Saint Mary Coptic Orthodox Church, in El Zaitoon, Egypt, which he gave on July 29, 2016, titled “The Importance of Cantor Mikhal’s Heritage and the HCOC Recording Criteria.”