The Rite and Hymns of the Liturgy of Saint Basil
The Heritage of the Coptic Orthodox Church choir presents The Rite and Hymns of the Liturgy of Saint Basil, which contains the most accurate versions of every hymn of the Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great according to the Coptic tradition, with all its melismatic and recitative tunes, based on the oral and recorded tradition of Cantor Mikhail Ghabrial Girgis El-Batanouny. This production consists of:
- A set of 6 audio CD discs, with 5CDs of recordings by the choir and 1CD of sources for some of the noteworthy hymns.
- Full descriptions of the rites and a recording of the hymns of the Liturgy of Saint Basil.
- Accurate versions of the hymns of the priests, deacons, and congregation.
- Recordings of all the Aspazmos hymns, which is for the first time collected in one set, as well as forgotten melismatic hymns such as the long “Pinishti,” the Greek hymn “Evshes,” and the long ending of the Psalm 150 for communion.
- The participation of H.G. Bishop Rafael, Fr. Mattias Nasr, as well as other priests from Egypt in this production.
- The CDs were recorded and mastered digitally in a professional studio.