The Rite and Hymns of the Raising of Incense (Annual and Joyous)
The Heritage of the Coptic Orthodox Church choir presents:
The Rite and Hymns of the Raising of Incense
(Annual and Joyous)
This production contains the most accurate versions of every hymn and litanies of the Raising of Incense chanted on annual and joyous occasions in both Vespers and Matins, according to the Coptic tradition, with all its melismatic and recitative tunes, based on the oral and recorded tradition of Cantor Mikhail Ghabrial Girgis El-Batanouny.
This production consists of:
- 2 sets of 8 audio CD discs, with 7 CDs of recordings by the choir and 1 CD of sources for some of the noteworthy hymns.
- Full descriptions of the rite of the Raising of Incense and a recording of the hymns chanted both on annual and joyous occasions.
- Accurate versions of the hymns of the priests, deacons, and congregation.
- Recordings of all the litanies, doxologies for the Virgin Mary, Angels, martyrs and saints, as well as melismatic hymns such as the Hymn of the Seven Ways and the long Efnooti Nai Nan.
- The participation of Fr. Mattias Nasr as well as other priests, cantors and deacons from Egypt in this production.
- The CDs were recorded and mastered digitally in a professional studio.