King David the Prophet
September 22, 2004
This section contains an audio recording of a psalm of David, the Prophet and King. This is Psalm 12 in the Septuagint/Orthodox rendering of the Psalms, or Psalm 13 according to the Hebrew version. The Psalm is from the NIV translation of the Holy Bible. The music for this Psalm was originally composed by Phoebe Farag for the Trinity CD, “Now I’ll Live,” and the audio recording available here was done by Alex A-Malek.
Duration: 2:00 · Filesize: 1.83 MB
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1. How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2. How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3. Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4. my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5. But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6. I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.